Online reviews can no longer be trusted with fake reviews, vested interests and paid review services corrupting the value of the major review websites.
The Elevator Pitch
Smashbomb is a social platform that lets you research and discover new things through recommendations from your friends, influencers, experts, and heroes.
Here are a few other elevator pitch variations we considered using to explain the concept of Smashbomb:
- The socially-powered discovery platform for products, services and entertainment
- Discover new things from your friends, influencers and heroes
- Recommend and discover awesome things from friends, influencers, celebrities and heroes
- Recommend stuff to your friends and followers
- Hear about everything your friends, enemies and superheroes love and hate
- Recommend and discover
- Recommendation and discovery for absolutely everything
- Social recommendation and discovery platform
- Smashbomb lets anybody discover new things through recommendations from their friends, influencers, and heroes
What ‘Things’ Are You Talking About?
Smashbomb will allow you to recommend and discover literally anything to and from your followers and those you follow. We are talking anything! Products, Movies, Places, Books, Apps, Services, Websites, Games, Companies, Things To Do, Food and Drink. Anything!
Whose Bright Idea Was This Then?
Smashbomb is a startup project led by Dave Bird (CEO), James Anderson, (COO), Hany El Nokaly (CTO) and Darren Kirkley (CFO). The team have a wide range of online experience but have never worked on a ‘fresh startup’ together before. The management team are initially joined by Christina Tsitlakidou, Ricky May, Clive Smith, and James Capps.
The Smashbomb team are based in the UK.
What’s The Dev Plan, Stan?
Smashbomb is being developed under the lean startup methodology. As a part of this, we intend on deploying a very early live version of Smashbomb before embarking on an ongoing ‘small batch’ development process based around the principle of ‘build, measure, learn’. There will be no big launch – it will start raw, and quite possibly a little unpolished, but with your help, we promise to make it into something special.
Smashbomb is under development.